My Bucket List
Updated: May 24
Welcome to 2019 everyone! I recently started my Viking River Cruises training and was having a discussion about the places I really want to travel to in my life. So I figured, why not write it down and share it with you? Maybe it will inspire you to see new places!
Not really in any particular order ....
1. Disneyland Paris at Christmas. I am obsessed with Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland Paris and to see it during the holidays, covered in snow is magic only Disney and Mother Nature could create.
2. Neuschwanstein Castle, Schwangau, Germany. The inspiration behind Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella castles is beyond breathtaking and I would love to see it in person.
3. Hôtel Tassel, Brussels, Belgium. I studied Art Nouveau architecture in college and it quickly became my favorite architectural style. This building embodies all the details and nuances of the style and if I could recreate that staircase in my own home I would.
4. Rhine River Cruise to see the Christmas markets. I took German in junior high and college and my teachers would always talk about Christmas time in Germany and I have always wanted to go. And then I learned about river cruises where you get to visit a different market every day!
5. Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea, Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disney. Obviously I want to visit all of the Disney parks in the world and I really feel they get the better pins and merchandise (as well as Paris).
6. Washington, D.C. I've never been and I'm pretty sure I could spend at least a month there if not longer traveling to the Smithsonian, the Library of Congress, the monuments and other museums.
7. The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. I really want to wake up early in New Mexico (the "Land of Enchantment") and watch some balloons float in the sky. I love the creativity of these balloons and I truly believe it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
8. Lantern Festival. I would also really like to attend a Lantern Festival somewhere in the world. I feel there are more of these every year.
9. Aulani, Oahu, Hawaii. I've been to Hawaii shortly after Aulani opened and wasn't able to visit. I'm hoping to visit and get my hands on the plumeria Minnie ears they sell.
10. Alaskan Cruise. I've never been to Alaska and to see it on a cruise ship I think would be a great way to travel.
This is just the beginning. I hope my passion for travel and travel planning comes through when I talk about all of these wonderful places! There are so many things to see and do! Where are you going to next?